Thursday, March 3, 2011

Act of kindness...

So I kind of fell of the band wagon for the past couple of weeks and have not posted anything!  I haven't even been an avid reader of my normal blogs.  I've been just a little preoccupied with baby fever I think :)  Although I have lots to catch everyone up on, if I keep putting it off I'll forget the recent stuff. 

So anyways, this isn't much but it was very special to me and I now know God and the precious Mother Mary are watching out for me.  I went to church early last Saturday around 4:30 to pray the rosary before 5 o'clock mass.  Patrick and I were going to pray it together, but he had to help out with one of the tables outside church.  So I sat down and started praying the rosary on a cheaper yarn rosary someone made for Patrick, when I got a tap on the shoulder that actually scared me since I was in deep thoughts.  The lady sitting behind me handed me her beautiful turquoise and silver rosary and told me she wanted me to have it.  I was completely touched and it made me a little teary eyed...let me remind you I am pregnant and about to pop.  I continued praying with her rosary and once I composed myself I turned around to introduce myself and tell her that I love turquoise and that my grandma, Suzy, lives in Santa Fe and is always giving us great turquoise jewelry.  She said her sister is a nun that works on an Indian reservation and some little Indian handmade it and gave it to her. 

So with this said, I will definitely be taking my new rosary into the labor room with me and heck I may even wear it :)  I love little signs that help confirm He is looking out for us.  And what a more appropriate way, especially for a soon to be mom.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet, wonderful gift. Not only the rosary but the thought behind it. I love you!

    ReplyDelete