Friday, May 20, 2011

First Mother's Day and Parker's Baptism

I had a wonderful first Mother's Day! First off Parker served me breakfast in bed, waffles, an omelet, and fresh fruit!  Parker also got me a beautiful and special necklace that I love.  He did a great job picking it out :)  However, seeing his sweet smile and sparkle in his eyes was the best present of all.  
Mother's Day was also the day we got to celebrate Parker's Baptism, which made the day that much more special.  Both of our families came in for the celebration, so I got to spend the day with my mom and mother-in-law and my sister-in-law...lots of moms.  Christopher and Rebecca are Parker's godparents and Patrick and I look forward to their influence and guidance with raising Parker.  Parker wore my mom's baptismal gown that was made by her Nanny.  It was also the baptismal gown Christopher and I wore for our baptisms. It was very special and I loved the old delicate look to it. You definitely can't find one of those at the mall.  





My mom is an amazing woman!  She is the rock that holds our family together through good and bad times.  She is a very selfless woman and will do anything she can to help out her kiddos...that would be me :)  Somehow she snaps her fingers and the job or task is done...not sure how she does it.  You name it and she can do it...from sewing, to cooking, to babysitting, and most importantly loving.  I hope I can fill at least half of her shoes someday.  I've got a ways to go, but I'm working on it.  I love you Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment