Sunday, October 10, 2010

Uneventful Weekend turned Eventful...

Sooooo Patrick and I really didn't have plans for this weekend, but we managed to stay busy. I'll break it down by day...

FRIDAY:

Friday evening Patrick came home and surprised with "Guess what...let's go buy the new Beauty and the Beast movie for you!"  I was so excited however, when we went to the store we could only find it in the 3-disc combo set :(  We don't have blue ray, so it would have been a waste of moolah...bummer.  So we decided instead to go eat some juicy burgers at Moonie's Burger House...which actually have pretty amazing burgers with the yummy sour dough buns and a chocolate shake to finish it off.  After we rolled ourselves out of the restaurant, I convinced Patrick to go to Half Price Bookstore with me so I could look for a particular baby book.  Didn't find it, but instead I got another recommended book, "The Complete Book of Baby Bargains".  Of course I would get this book :)  We rented a cheapo red box movie instead, "the experiment"....weirdo movie...interesting idea but wouldn't recommend it.

SATURDAY:
Shannon and I went to Babies-R-Us Saturday morning to buy a gift for a friend.  Let's just say...we looked like two idiots that had no idea what we were doing :)  So much stuff and what do you do with it all!!!  There were like 50 strollers to pick from, bouncers, bibs, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc....did I mention there was so much stuff!  I'm definitely going to be lost when I have to register in a few weeks...I'll take any help or advice from you experienced moms.  Lunch at Jason's Deli, a trip to Michaels, and back home to watch the Aggie football game. 

Matt and Sara came over to the house to watch the Aggies lose another game.  Talk about a boring game!  Enough said on that.  We had a delicious dinner, sat outside by the chiminea 'til 11:00, and talked about small town memories. Almost forgot, Matt made us some fresh salsa that morning...delicious!

SUNDAY:
It started off like a normal Sunday, we woke up and got ready for mass.  I'm slightly embarrassed to write about this, but it definitely was eventful and I think I almost gave Patrick a heart attack.  We were about to go receive the Eucharist when I started to feel really sick and my ears started buzzin'.  I knew I was about to go down and quickly told Patrick I didn't feel well.  The next thing you know I'm in the cry room with a doctor asking me where I was! 

So yea, for whatever reason I passed out in the pew...thankfully Patrick caught me.  The women behind us went to get some help.  I sort of woke up enough to walk back to the cry room with the help of a few men and then on the way I went limp again!  I finally woke up later on a couch and a very, very nice family doctor checked me out and made sure I was okay.  Besides the embarrassment, I couldn't have asked for a better place to faint....with my hubby, under God's roof, around tons of caring people, and a family doctor in the mix.  They even brought us our own Eucharist after church since we obviously missed getting it at the alter.

The little guy/girl is still kicking this evening, so hopefully everything is okay.  I definitely took it very easy the rest of the day...and read my bargain book haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment