Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"Whata" You Know...

So I'm a little slow with this posting however, I thought it was very necessary to inform the rest of the world about a little secret...

We all love Whataburger's disgustingly salty french fries every once in a while right??  But did you know there are five different kinds of KETCHUP!  Last weekend on our road trip to Dallas with Angela Ross and Keaton Askew (by the way they are two of the happiest, easy-going peeps I know), we stopped at Whataburger for lunch and Angela told us her friends figured out the ketchup packages were numbered 1 through 5.  So her friends did a taste test with all five and thought each one had a slightly different flavor...more salty, etc.  I wanted to solve this mystery, soooo I asked our waiter what the deal was and he gave us a very detailed and professional explanation. 

Okay so finally the secret...basically there is a difference between the viscosity or thickness of each ketchup package.  Number one is the runniest and five is the thickest!!!  Our waiter also informed us that numbers 3 and 4 are the most popular...good to know. 

So that's it...I hope you were just as amazed as I was.


Our taste test!


5 comments:

  1. Hahahhahaha! Love it! Sooooo much fun that we went back at 3 AM and retested our theory in McKinney, Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea - however, this would explain why I sometimes think the ketchup tastes a little 'off'. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison, only you would think of testing ketchup! I've noticed that sometimes it is very runny. I thought they were just buying cheap ketchup. And now we know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no clue! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete